Search This Blog

November 11, 2010

Eat. Play. Poop.

So now we have 2 kittens to add to the bunch. Apparently a herd of 13 kittens were anonymously dropped off at the shelter one night, all shoved into 1 cage, cold and hungry for who knows how long. Anyway they are too  young to be adopted but old enough to eat canned kitten food with milk replacer dressing.

I don't know how I get myself into these situations. What do I know about taking care of kittens? It's taken some trial and error to keep these tykes happy and healthy. The fuzzy furballs are going to eat me out of house and home. They can really pack away the food! With that comes a very full litter box. As soon as I clean it, they hop right on in and fill it some more. Finding a litter that will mask their stench has also taken some trial and error. Ick.

But on to other things that make all this worth it. They are so darned CUTE! They play together so adorably, rolling around in a large(r) furball and playing tag up and down the hallway. Their 'meow' is the cutest little squeak to let us know when they want to eat or be snuggled.

This is Sky, named after the color of her eyes.


She is the cuddly one. Her main focus in life is to hang out with her humans and cuddle as much as possible. This has lead her to perfect the art of climbing. If we aren't paying enough attention to her, she will climb into our laps and force us to. The first time she appeared in my lap out of nowhere I was shocked. Later I found out she had climbed my pant legs to get there. Wow, I was really engrossed in my work!

This is Thirteen, named after being in a litter of 13 and to make her a lucky black cat.


She's the independent adventurer. She will go anywhere without fear to check something out. She is also my silent intellectual. She gives wonderful eye contact, like she is trying to have a conversation with you. Although she does prefer to keep her distance, Thirteen has her cuddly moments too, especially at night when she is sleepy.

Here are just a few of the numerous pictures snapped since they have been here. I love them!

1 comments:

baerser said...

Ohmygosh! They are cute little fur balls. I think you should train them like you would a puppy... walk them on a leash, socialize them, and so on... yessss!!! :)

Post a Comment