Jenny has made some progress with her people socialization. She seeks me out more and more to be pet. The first time she did, I was sitting at my computer and she jumped up on my lap, scaring the crap out of me. (Seriously, I may have made a stain) She will either sit on my lap with her two front paws over one of my arms or she will walk on my desk and run against me and the computer monitor. My monitor is touchscreen so her little butt makes everything move around. There's no getting any work done. But what can I do? She stole my heart.
She doesn't seem to have any desire to explore the rest of the house. She stays in her safe room and sometimes comes into the bedroom during the night. The only reason I know that is because of the crashing noises.

We've made a couple of attempts to introduce the dogs to her. Eh, that's something we need to work on. The dogs love her but she wants nothing to do with them. The dogs are pretty calm now when they are in the same room with her. Mysty does better than Leo. (I never thought I'd say that in my life) Mysty can actually be in the same room and relax without acknowledging the cat.

Leo, on the other hand, must play the staring game. Jenny and Leo will sit a few feet from each other and just stare and stare. Nobody dares to blink or look away. I've got my very own Wild West showdown! Occasionally Leo will get brave and approach her within inches to sniff. Jenny growls and hisses in disapproval. He snaps at her, she swipes at him and the chase begins. I'm not feeling the love...
Related Links:
Adopting a Cat - Introducing a Cat to a New Home: Adopted Cats May Refuse to Eat, Hiss or Hide in an Unfamiliar House
How to Introduce a New Cat to Dogs: Tips for Bringing Newly Adopted Cats Home to Meet the Dog
Dog Not Getting Along with Cat | Cesar Millan
0 comments:
Post a Comment