Search This Blog

September 4, 2010

The New Kid

Meet the newest foster kid! This is Jenny Cat.



Surprised it's a cat? Me too! Reasons why I never thought I'd have a foster cat:
1) I don't know anything about cats.
2) I've never had or lived with a cat.
3) I am very allergic to cats

But this little Siamese needed me. The shelter director suggested I take this cat to "make it people friendly". Whaaaat? Apparently she didn't like being touched and protested loudly when picked up. According to her paperwork she was found as a stray and she is 1 1/2 yrs old.

She's only been in our home for a day so far but we've made some progress. Jenny has her own 'safe' room with a bed and scratching post. After some petting she can't seem to get enough! It feels so good! After her initial shyness wore off, she became such a little cuddler. She would sit on my lap in my office while I'm on the computer for a long time.

She definitely still doesn't like being picked up. And she doesn't like being in the rest of the house. I brought her to the kitchen (sans dogs) and set her down. She ran away and hid. That's OK, Jenny. We have plenty of time to take it slow.





1 comments:

Janet Sands said...

whoa. a cat. I am quite surprised... and amazed. :) Can't wait to hear more.

Post a Comment