| Kitty with her new pal, Sofi |
This is Kitty. She is my first foster dog. She is a 1 year old Pointer mix from the Haven - Friends for Life shelter. Sofi and I were at the shelter putting in some volunteer time by going around to dog cages and feeding them medicine, checking for boo-boos, and giving general love and affection. For me, by the 100th dog, they all blended in together and I was in love with them all. Hey, I don't discriminate. Three hours later we were pooped (no pun intended) and ready to go home. I asked Sofi if there was any dog that stuck out to her that we could take home to foster. She led me to Unnamed Dog, remembering that she had seemed very friendly to me and gave me kisses when I was in her cage. Sold!
Sofi named her Kitty. Don't ask me...
In honor of Kitty and our momentous occasion, we made it on the local news! A reporter, Maggie Alexander from NBC17 Raleigh, was at the Haven doing a story on the Haven's deadline for meeting the Dept of Ag demands. What a special way to start our friendship!
| Up to no good |
0 comments:
Post a Comment